North Lowestoft Fairshare Trust Project
May 2012: This project has now ended, but Claire will still be able to help your group/project.
June 2011: The last edition of the North Lowestoft Fairshare Trust Newsletter containing lots of stories, useful information and links to many voluntary/community organisations. Download it here.
This is a part-time post working in the 4 Fairshare Trust wards of Normanston – Harbour – St Margarets & Oulton Broad North.
The purpose of support is to build the sustainability of groups and their projects.
The Community Development Officer Claire Taylor-Crisp will focus support for voluntary/community organisations in the following ways:
- for those organisations that are already established and in receipt of a FST grant that require help with their future sustainability, organisational development and continuation of project delivery
- help can also be provided to form new groups in the area as required, with particular attention to establishing sustainable projects.
- build the capacity of organisations by developing confidence, skills & knowledge of individuals within the organisations by mentoring, one-to-one support, organising training workshops and events
- support established and some new voluntary and community organisations to develop in the 4 wards.
- support organisations to be sustainable by working with them to identify their issues and needs and how to address them, and assist with diversification of income streams and strategic planning
- identify potential funding sources and provide funding information via various means, including emails, funding searches, and funding events/surgeries
- signpost to further support or training available to assist with sustainability
develop business plans and funding strategies to ensure organisations are well organised for the future
- training workshops and funding and networking events will also be organised
To find out more or to arrange a meeting with Claire please call
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org